Jun 3, 2013

Review of "Himeiden"

 

 

"Himeiden" is one of my favorite novels written by "Nishioishin."

 

The series in which it is included is called in "Densetsu" series because the word "den" in "Himeiden" means the Japanese word "densetsu."

 

Just in case, "Densetsu" means "legend" in English.

 

"Himeiden" is the first episode of this series.

 

It's the story about a new type of hero.

 

I mean that the hero in the episode is not normal one we can imagine by the word "hero."

 

Normally, "hero" is the man who is so strong or has a special power and fight with a signifiant enemy or someone to save the peace of world in our imagination, isn't he?

 

However, the hero of this novel, "Ku Sorakara", is just a boy who doesn't have any mysterious powers and strongly build muscles.

 

In spite of that, he was appointed as a "hero" who had to save the earth for some reason.

 

Why was he appointed?

 

How special was he?

 

That was because he lacked human-like "emotions."

 

Saving the earth from a certain "enemy" required his specialty.

 

Sponsored Link

1 comment:

Level5 said...

Hello. First thing I want to say is - thanks for your summaries of Nisio's book.
I'm a big fan of Nisio (well, with help of my friends I even translated second volume Zaregoto to Russian) and at the same time I'm a member of largest Monogatari fan group in Russia. But in reality members of this group love everything from Nisio too so here comes my request. Can you spoil me everything (or the best parts in your opinion) of Himeiden and Shoujo Fujuubun? The chance that we'll be able to read this books on english is little-to-nothing so I'm totally ok with spoilers. I'll share them with other members of the group too. So if you're ok with this, please, wtite them to my mail: grandian@mail.ru. Big thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...